New Modular SAN Solution From Overland Storage Delivers High
Performance and High Availability for Business Applications
Performance and High Availability for Business Applications
LONDON, Oct 26, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
Overland Storage (NASDAQ: OVRL), the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle, today announced the expansion of its SAN product portfolio with the new SnapSAN S1000, a 2U 12-drive modular SAN solution that delivers highly available storage services for business critical applications that require superior performance. The flexible design of the SnapSAN S1000 enables it to be customised with single or dual 1GbE or 10 GbE iSCSI, Fibre Channel or SAS controllers; mix-and-match high performance SAS, enterprise or green SATA drives in the same chassis; and the ability to effortlessly scale from 4TB to 120TB by connecting up to four SnapDisk E1000 storage expansion units.
Featuring a no-single-point-of-failure architecture, the SnapSAN S1000 is equipped with fully redundant, hot pluggable components for all major functions including RAID controllers, power supplies, fan modules, battery backup modules, and SAS JBOD expansion ports. With online capacity expansion, read/write snapshots, auto drive spin down, zero-downtime upgrades, as well as superior throughput and IOPS, the S1000 delivers best-in-class performance making it an ideal storage platform for cloud storage, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, file backup, and email storage, as well as virtual server environments such as VMware and Hyper V.
"Companies today are using a broad spectrum of applications to run their critical business systems, so a one-size-fits-all approach to data storage is not ideal for any business. Overland's customisable SnapSAN S1000 solution enables businesses to deploy a system that matches their storage requirements today, while providing the ability to grow and change as their businesses do," said Benjamin Woo, programme vice president, worldwide storage systems, IDC. "With its focus on full redundancy, power savings and a modular design, the SnapSAN S10000 is a great solution for companies with performance- and availability-driven data storage requirements."
Features and Benefits
- Modular Design - The modular design of the SnapSAN S1000 enables companies to create a system based on current and future data storage requirements. It can be configured with up to two 1GbE or 10GbE iSCSI, Fibre Channel, or SAS controllers.
- High Availability - In addition to providing redundant components, the SnapSAN S1000 offers a dual controller option for load balancing and failover to ensure that valuable business data and critical applications are available at all times.
- Complete Redundancy - Essential components are fully redundant and hot pluggable including the RAID controllers, power supplies, fan modules, battery backup modules, and JBOD expansion with dual SAS controllers.
- High Performance - The SnapSAN iSCSI configurations deliver superior performance that supports critical online services including cloud storage, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, and high-end video surveillance storage solutions.
- Advanced Data Protection - With advanced RAID level support, read/write snapshots, and support for Microsoft VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Services), the SnapSAN supports business continuity and increases backup efficiency while ensuring application consistency during backup and replication.
- Green Storage Design - SnapSAN is designed with "green" features for power saving. Power consumption can be reduced to a minimum with auto disk spin down. Environmental temperatures are monitored and fan modules are automatically adjusted as needed.
- Grows with the Business - The SnapSAN S1000 is a 2U system that can be configured with as little as 4TB, but seamlessly expands to 120TB utilising SnapDisk E1000 expansion units. Online capacity expansion gives companies the ability to scale their storage volumes and RAID sets with zero downtime.
"Overland Storage continues to expand its SnapSAN line of SAN solutions in order to offer businesses the advanced features and functionality they need to gain a competitive advantage at a cost they can afford," said Joe Disher, product marketing manager for SAN products, Overland Storage. "Businesses need a flexible storage solution that seamlessly integrates into their current infrastructure and can adapt to changing business requirements over time. We continue to make storage management effortless, enabling companies of any size to take advantage of SAN features and functionality."
Pricing and Availability
SnapSAN S1000 will be available through Overland Storage's worldwide channel in October 2010 at a starting price of £ 4,550 (EUR 5,200) for a 4TB iSCSI solution. The SnapDisk E1000 expansion unit is available at a starting price of £2,745 (EUR 3,145) without drives. More information: www.overlandstorage.com.
About Overland Storage
Overland Storage is the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle. By providing an integrated range of technologies and services for primary, nearline, offline, archival, and cloud data storage, Overland makes it easy and cost effective to manage different tiers of information over time. Whether distributed data is across the hall or across the globe, Overland enables companies to focus on building their business instead of worrying about data growth. Overland SnapServer(R), SnapSAN(TM), NEO(R), and REO(R) solutions are available through a select network of value added resellers and system integrators. www.overlandstorage.com.
Overland Storage, SnapServer, SnapSAN, SnapDisk, NEO, REO and the Overland logo are trademarks Overland Storage, Inc., that may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other trademarks used are owned by their respective owners.
SOURCE: Overland Storage
Emily Gallagher / Evelyn Naudorf
+44 (0)1252 717 040