Overland Storage Offers Budget Relief With 'Cash For Junkers' Promotion to Ease Migration from Outdated, Legacy Storage Systems
Overland Storagehas introduced a "Cash for Junkers" promotion, which is designed to provide much-needed budget relief during these tough economic times by lowering the hurdles for migrating from outdated legacy storage systems to Overland's family of next-generation NEO E-SERIES tape libraries as well as its line of scalable Snap Server Network Attached Storage (NAS) solutions.
- As part of this "trade-up" program, end users can receive a
savings of up to
$7,000off MSRP toward the purchase of Overland's next-generation NEO(R) E-SERIES tape libraries and up to $500credit toward the purchase of all Snap Server(R) rack-mountable 1U products.
- The program, which runs through
November 15, 2009, is available to North American customers; all interested trade-up customers will be directed to a member of Overland's extensive reseller network for more details on qualifying products.
Snap Server NAS Blends Performance & Affordability for "Right-Sized" Storage
- Overland's Snap Server product line provide high-performance, rackmount RAID performance in a scalable and flexible NAS server that is ideally suited for a wide range of network attached storage, and centralized data protection for remote sites.
- Snap Servers also offer advanced data replication with optional Snap Enterprise Data Replicator software, which enables movement of data between any combination of Snap Servers and Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac servers.
- For Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Annex NYC, Overland's Snap Servers serve as the cornerstone of a sophisticated video surveillance solution pairing Mobotix IP cameras with Snap Server 620s, which provide expandable storage for archiving up to 30 days of data-intensive video footage.
NEO Libraries Deliver Extended Reliability, Serviceability & Data Availability
- Overland's NEO E-SERIES tape libraries enable mid-range customers to meet ever-increasing data archiving and long-term vaulting as well as business continuity demands with capacity ranging from 12 TBs to 1.6 PB; embedded SCSI, FC and SAS connectivity; integrated partitioning and improved mailslot functionality.
- Overland's rock-solid NEO tape libraries received the highest
single statement score in
Storage Magazine'sQuality Awards, which appeared in the August 2009issue. This latest edition of the Quality Awards ranked nearly 700 responses from a series of questions about product quality and reliability. According to the report, Overland garnered the highest statement score in the reliability category with one particular respondent explaining "this product requires very few unplanned patches/updates."
Barona Valley Ranch Resort & Casino, Overland's NEO tape library platform has provided a centralized system for managing backups while reducing media costs and administrative overhead by 80 and 75 percent, respectively.
Dean Sarris, Co-Founder of RDT Solutions:
- "Overland continually looks for ways to help its channel partners drive business success. This well-timed promotion should ease budget constraints as we head into the final quarter of the year. Many of our end-user customers have been waiting to upgrade products because of the economic downturn and this incentive from Overland should convince them the time now is right to 'trade up' and get more for their money."
Zach Murez, senior sales representative of Peripheral Products, Inc.(PPI)
- We've already taken advantage of Overland's 'trade-up' program to solve serious backup problems for one of our customers. By leveraging this latest promotion, we enabled them to migrate to a world-class NEO E-SERIES tape library and cut their backup time in half while providing 20 times greater capacity to protect all of their data, including mission-critical databases stored on their existing Overland Snap Server NAS platform."
Jillian Mansolf, Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing for Overland:
- "One of our overarching goals is to lower sales and marketing barriers for Overland's channel partners through creative lead-generation programs. Equally important is helping end-users alleviate current budget constraints and support growing business requirements with newer, more advanced technologies. With our new 'trade-up' program, we're accelerating product sales for our partners while offering end-users an excellent value on leading tape- and NAS-based solutions."
-- More Overland news
-- Overland webinars
-- Overland white papers
Sue Hetzel, HetzelMeade Communications, +1-760-434-9927, firstname.lastname@example.org