San Diego, CA - Oct 11, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
Overland Storage (NASDAQ: OVRL), the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle, today unveiled SnapServer DX, a new unified NAS and iSCSI SAN device that leverages the company's new standards-based RAID technology, DynamicRAID, to completely eliminate the need to provision storage capacity. Expandable to 288TB and featuring an array of integrated enterprise-class features including snapshots, replication and remote management, SnapServer DX enables storage environments to effortlessly scale without downtime while ensuring maximum data protection. Available in both a 2U and a 1U configuration, SnapServer DX lets any size business run its storage like an enterprise, at one-tenth the cost. Offering unprecedented flexibility, SnapServer DX is the ideal solution for modern business applications from virtualised server, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and SQL environments to digital imaging, web services, storage consolidation and backup.
"Many businesses are finding it difficult to acquire and manage the storage capacity and functionality needed to keep up with accelerating data growth over time. The speed of provisioning in virtual server environments has stressed the storage infrastructure and it's essential that storage solutions match that speed and ease to keep up with rapidly changing dynamics," said Terri McClure, senior analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group. "DynamicRAID makes provisioning capacity and the management and protection of data extremely simple, plus it automates the growing of shared storage capacity while improving the predictability of future storage needs and capital expenditures. SnapServer DX enables businesses to count on improved storage utilisation with less management and a highly efficient storage environment at a fraction of the typical cost."
DynamicRAID: A Brand New Spin on Managing Disks
Built on the premise that the next generation of storage provisioning is no provisioning, DynamicRAID is a new standards-based technology that delivers the ability to easily increase capacity, expand storage pools, create limitless volumes in seconds, grow and shrink storage volumes independently and optimise data protection levels--all with zero downtime. DynamicRAID provides the flexibility to manage storage infrastructures without manual intervention, giving businesses the ability to grow without interruption. Benefits of DynamicRAID:
- Non-proprietary technology that adheres to proven, standard RAID code that the enterprise trusts
- The ability to take advantage of mixed and matched drive sizes while the best RAID level is automatically chosen, including single or dual parity
- Limitless volume creation in seconds with no volume resizing or data migration required
- Storage pools seamlessly grow by hot-swapping larger disk drives without business interruption
- Volumes can automatically grow, or shrink independently to add storage back into the common storage pool in seconds
SnapServer DX: The Most Advanced Unified Storage Available Today
Built on the trusted GuardianOS platform - proven successful in more than 300,000 deployments across the globe, including half of Fortune 500 organisations - SnapServer DX joins the reliable, award-winning SnapServer line of NAS solutions. SnapServer DX fully integrates with Windows Active Directory, Linux, UNIX and Macintosh Domains and easily replicates data between locations for collaboration and data protection with Snap Enterprise Data Replicator (SnapEDR).
- At setup users choose between traditional RAID or standards-based DynamicRAID as well as the preferred drive type: SAS, SATA Enterprise or Desktop drives
- Unified storage supports seamless storage of both file-based and block-based data
- Flexibility to expand and upsize total storage to 288TBs with SnapExpansion units
- Proven stability. 100% compliant with Windows Active Directory and complete integration with Windows, UNIX/Linux and Macintosh environments
- Remote management delivers real-time visualisation, configuration and management of an entire global SnapServer environment with SnapServer Manager
- Disaster recovery: replicate data to one or dozens of locations with bandwidth throttling, take snapshots for point-in-time recovery, and perform backups to disk, VTL or tape
"We have designed DynamicRAID and the SnapServer DX to drive a fundamental shift in IT thinking and process: there is no longer a need to ever provision storage," said Jillian Mansolf, vice president of global sales and marketing at Overland Storage. "Our goal was to build the SnapServer DX with the best features and price of any NAS solution in its class and we are confident that businesses of all sizes will be able to take advantage its power, flexibility and ease of use."
Pricing and Availability
SnapServer DX solutions are available immediately from a worldwide network of value added resellers and system integrators. For more information, please visit: http://www.overlandstorage.com/introducing-dx.aspx.
Pricing on some of the most popular configuration options are listed below:
- SnapServer DX1 2TB with maximum capacity of 156TB: $1,699
- SnapServer DX1 4TB with maximum capacity of 156TB: $1,999
- SnapServer DX2 8TB with maximum capacity of 288TB: $4,999
- SnapServer DX2 36TB with maximum capacity of 288TB: $7,699
About Overland Storage
Overland Storage is a trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle. By providing an integrated range of technologies and services for primary, near line, offline, archival and cloud data storage, Overland makes it easy and cost effective to manage different tiers of information over time. Whether distributed data is across the hall or across the globe, Overland enables companies to focus on building their business instead of worrying about data growth. Overland SnapServer, SnapSAN, NEO Series and REO Series solutions are available through a select network of value added resellers and system integrators. For more information, visit http://www.overlandstorage.com/introducing-dx.aspx.
Connect with Overland Storage:
Read the Overland blog: www.blog.overlandstorage.com
Follow Overland on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OverlandStorage
Visit Overland on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OverlandStorage
Overland Storage, SnapServer, SnapSAN, NEO, REO and the Overland logo are trademarks Overland Storage, Inc., that may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other trademarks used are owned by their respective owners.
SOURCE: Overland Storage