Sphere 3D Simplifies VDI Adoption and Expands Addressable Market with V3 Appliance Family
- Provides one of the industry's most comprehensive and complete solution portfolios that takes aim at making VDI accessible and appropriate for any customer, any workload with the ability to scale in any increment, whether it be 10 users or thousands.
- Purpose built for VDI, V3 delivers a simple turnkey appliance family for use cases including Remote Office / Branch Office (ROBO), Small/Midsize Businesses (SMB) and distributed enterprise environments.
- Seamlessly integrates with existing
VMwaresolutions and existing VDI investments for streamlined deployment and enhanced VDI capabilities.
- Starts small with a list price of
$15,000and scales through workload optimized appliances that address a variety of workloads, including everything from simple task workers to professional graphics users.
- Integrates Sphere 3D’s Desktop Cloud Orchestrator™ (DCO) software with
VMwareand NVIDIAtechnologies, providing desktop orchestration and automation from a centralized management platform.
- Built for desktop administrators to decentralize virtual desktops and provide an enhanced user experience.
- Introduces a Distributed Desktop Hyperconvergence (DDH) architecture to better align VDI with real world use cases.
- Slated to be able to leverage the VMware Horizon® Air™ Hybrid-Mode capabilities for increased flexibility and expanded cloud capacity as part of VMware’s hyper-converged appliance partnership. (See joint company video ow.ly/Y8inY.)
To view an enhanced version of this image, please visit:
"With this launch of their V3 distributed hyperconverged appliance solutions,
“With our V3 product family, organizations can look to a purpose-built family of appliances that are pre-tuned for optimal VDI performance and leverage existing best-of-breed technologies. Demands on IT departments for End User Computing (EUC) solutions have traditionally put a strain on budgets and IT resources and have prevented organizations from being able to match real world use cases of physical desktops with a Cloud computing solution,” said
The V3 appliance family comes pre-provisioned with Sphere 3D’s Desktop Cloud Orchestrator™ (DCO) software and also leverages
Sphere 3D’s DDH architecture is designed to simplify virtual desktop deployment and management for ROBO installations, and also reduces the cost and necessary infrastructure to support VDI. DDH reduces VDI management overhead and complexity while creating desktop resilience and decreasing branch office infrastructure. DDH is also road-mapped to use application containerization to shift the focus from storage onto end user computing, resulting in an improved user experience.
V3 appliances with DCO provide hardware awareness with real time alerts of the state of the hardware and the ability to migrate end users, on a case by case basis, from appliance to appliance for optimal performance and availability. In addition, the new V3 family is slated to be able to leverage the
Pricing and Availability
Entry systems for small and medium businesses and remote offices start at a U.S.-list price of
About Sphere 3D’s V3 Virtual Desktop and Mobility Solutions
The newest V3 product families combine storage, server and virtualization services to create unprecedented scale-out and scale-up appliances for VDI use in: private, public and hybrid Clouds. The new families are in three categories:
- V3 Smart Nodes for large centralized enterprises
- V3 End User Computing (EUC) Nodes for decentralized and Remote Office, Branch Office (ROBO) locations
- V3 Flex Nodes for smaller businesses and branch locations
Organizations can start small, with as few as 10 virtual desktops, and easily and non-disruptively scale to thousands of users with a predictable, ‘pay-as-you-grow’ approach. The V3 appliances, available in a broad set of configurations, are workload optimized to ensure that typical over provisioning in VDI can be eliminated, while also providing multiple scale points. With the preinstalled DCO software on each appliance, organizations can also overcome the performance degradation of VDI in widely distributed deployments and eliminate distance limitations of traditional VDI architectures. For additional resources, see the V3 Products Web page at http://sphere3d.com/v3-hyperconverged-solutions/.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of risks and uncertainties including, without limitation, unforeseen changes in the course of Sphere 3D’s business or the business of its wholly-owned subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Overland Storage and Tandberg Data; the timing of releases of any new or updated versions of our products; the performance and functionality of our products; the level of success of our collaborations and business partnerships; possible actions by customers, partners, suppliers, competitors or regulatory authorities; and other risks detailed from time to time in Sphere 3D’s periodic reports contained in our Annual Information Form and other filings with Canadian securities regulators (www.sedar.com) and in prior periodic reports filed with the
Eileen Elam408-283-4734 firstname.lastname@example.org Nick Foot BWW Communications+44-1491-636393 Nick.email@example.com Investor Contact: Blueshirt Group Michael Bishop415-217-4968 firstname.lastname@example.org