Sphere 3D’s Overland-Tandberg Introduces SnapServer Hybrid and All Flash Array
SAN JOSE, Calif.,
The overall market for flash continues to show strong growth. During the first quarter of 2017, sales of All Flash Array (ARA) jumped 48 percent on a year-on-year basis, per the latest figures from market research firm Dell'Oro Group. In total, the category generated over
This major refresh for the SnapServer platform not only increases the value proposition for new customers but provides a direct path for existing customers to benefit from Overland-Tandberg’s proprietary Guardian OS® (“GOS”) operating system, as well as the additional support for all-flash array and hybrid array deployments.
“The digital transformation for customers of every size and the role that a modern data center can play for business efficiency and resiliency cannot be overstated,” said Peter Tassiopoulos, President of Sphere 3D. “The introduction of the new SnapServer capabilities can go a long way to help ensure that this transformation takes place with a robust and secure platform for many years to come.”
The SnapServer Flash and Hybrid Array offerings allow customers to choose either an all flash deployment or a hybrid one. The hybrid array allows for the creation of separate volumes, one with Flash and the other with HDDs, and then assign the volumes for workflows with different performance requirements. This flexibility allows, for example, the ability to assign the Flash volume to a transactional high IOPS workload and the HDD volume to a regular file share workload.
The SnapServer Flash and Hybrid Array NAS solutions utilize the award winning and proprietary Guardian OS, an enterprise class operating system based on the XFS filesystem. Some of the unique GOS operating system highlights and features include:
- Support for both an All-Flash appliance and a mix of HDD's & Flash in a single appliance.
- Multi-Patented Heterogeneous and secure Replication, called “Snap Encrypted Continuous Replication” (“Snap ECR®”) for replication support across multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux and SnapServers that can be centrally managed with support for one to many and many to one replication.
- Active Directory (“AD”) integration on a granular level, allowing for SnapServer to join as a member server and store native access control lists (“ACL's”) on the file system to preserve a secure environment.
- High performance snapshots with SnapServer FSA (File System Aware) for efficient space utilization while retaining higher performance.
- Snap DynamicRAID® for not only growing volumes, but with the ability to shrink volumes as needs change.
- Seamless integration with the Overland-Tandberg RDX® removable disk-based solutions, allowing policy driven scheduled & triggered backups to RDX removable disk systems.
- Interoperable with SnapCLOUD™ for hybrid cloud offerings utilizing SnapCLOUD in Microsoft Azure for cloud burst and to serve as a failover site.
SnapServer Flash and Hybrid Array is available this month with support for varying capacities that would meet a wide range of customer performance needs. SnapServer is also backed by the company’s OverlandCare for 24x7x365 technical support.
Overland-Tandberg™ is the unified brand that leverages the combined 50-plus-year history of the Sphere 3D Corp subsidiaries, Overland Storage and Tandberg Data. With over one million units deployed worldwide, Overland-Tandberg delivers data management, backup and archive solutions via hybrid Cloud, Cloud and on-premises implementations through its global reseller network in over 90 countries. For more information, visit www.tandbergdata.com and www.overlandstorage.com. Connect with us on LinkedIn. Follow us on Twitter @ovltb.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of risks and uncertainties, including the market adoption, actual performance and functionality of our products; our inability to comply with the covenants in our credit facilities or to obtain additional debt or equity financing; any increase in our future cash needs; our ability to maintain compliance with other NASDAQ Capital Market listing requirements; our ability to successfully integrate the UCX and HVE ConneXions business with Sphere 3D's other businesses; unforeseen changes in the course of Sphere 3D’s business or the business of its wholly-owned subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Overland Storage and Tandberg Data; the level of success of our collaborations and business partnerships; possible actions by customers, partners, suppliers, competitors or regulatory authorities; and other risks detailed from time to time in Sphere 3D’s periodic reports contained in our Annual Information Form and other filings with Canadian securities regulators (www.sedar.com) and in prior periodic reports filed with the
Press Contact: Tina Brown Tel: +1 408-283-4731 firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Contact:
The Blueshirt GroupLauren Sloane Tel: +1 415-217-2632 email@example.com